Mini Infection Prevention Bootcamp for Regional Long-Term Care Facilities in Oxford, AL
Date: October 12, 2023
Location: Oxford Civic Center, 401 McCullars Lane, Oxford, Alabama 36203
Cost: Free, but seating is limited and registration is required. Seats are available on a first come first serve basis.
Registration: Registration is required by September 28, 2023.
Questions: Please contact Tessa Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org, (205) 934-6953.
Course Purpose: The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals in LTCFs with the knowledge and tools to run a competent and inclusive infection control program within their facility. The attendees will learn about the importance of hand hygiene, environmental services, enhanced barrier precautions, as well as source control. The attendees will also be equipped with a better understanding of the General Infection Control Assessment Response and how this can benefit their facilities.
- Describe the role of Infection Prevention and Control in Long-Term Care settings
- Verbalize who should report, how to report, and when to report Reportable Diseases and Conditions
- Discuss impact of MDRO’s in Long-Term Care Nursing Facilities and how Enhanced Barrier Precautions can be implemented to decrease the spread of MDROs
- Demonstrate proper hand hygiene
- Identify the role of preventing healthcare associated infections (HAIs) through environmental surface disinfection
- Understand the various assessment modules of CDC’s Infection Control Assessment and Response tool
IPC Mini Bootcamp Handouts/Slides (please email email@example.com if you can’t access the Box folder).
|Opening Comments||15 min||8:15-8:30|
|Detect, Test, Reporting||60 min||8:30-9:30|
|Transmission Based Precautions/Enhanced Barrier Precautions||60 min||9:30-10:30|
|Hand Hygiene (HH Exercise)||15 min||10:30-10:45|
|Environmental Services||60 min||11:00-12:00|
|Review of General ICAR||30 min||12:00-12:30|
|Closing and Evaluations||12:30|