Mini Infection Prevention Bootcamp for North Alabama Regional Long-Term Care Facilities in Jackson County, Alabama
Date: October 26, 2023
Location: Jackson County Health Department – Community Room
Address: 204 Liberty Lane, Scottsboro, Alabama 35769
CEUs: The Deep South Center for OH&S is an approved provider of continuing education units for nurses by the AL Board of Nursing (Provider ABNP0420 Expiration Date 12/22/2025) and has awarded this program 4.5 CEUs, all others .35 CEU’s.
Cost: Free, but seating is limited and registration is required. Seats are available on a first come first serve basis.
Registration: Registration is required by October 12, 2023.
Questions: Please contact Tessa Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org, (205) 934-6953.
Course Purpose: The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals in LTCFs with the knowledge and tools to run a competent and inclusive infection control program with their facility. The attendees will learn about the importance of hand hygiene, environmental services, enhanced barrier precautions, as well as source control. The attendees will also be equipped with a better understanding of the General Infection Control Assessment Response and how this can benefit their facilities.
- Describe the role of Infection Prevention and Control in Long-Term Care settings
- Describe the process of Disease surveillance and reporting
- Understand the various assessment modules of CDC’s Infection Control Assessment and Response tool
- Discuss the role of Standard and Transmission-based precautions and demonstrate the proper sequence for donning and doffing PPE
- Discuss impact of MDRO’s in Long-Term Care Nursing Facilities and how Enhanced Barrier Precautions can be implemented to decrease the spread of MDROs
- Identify the role of preventing healthcare associated infections (HAIs) through environmental surface disinfection
IPC Mini Bootcamp Handouts (please email email@example.com if you can’t access the Box folder).
|Opening Comments||15 min||8:30-8:45|
|Review of General ICAR Consultation w/ Open Discussion||45 min||8:45-9:30|
|Hand Hygiene (HH Exercise)||15 min||9:30-9:45|
|Enhanced Barrier Precautions||45 min||9:45-10:30|
|Detect, Test, and Report: Surveillance and Disease Reporting||60 min||10:45-11:45|
|Environmental Hygeine||45 min||11:45-12:30|
|Closing and Evaluations||12:30|