In today’s polarized and increasingly isolated communication landscape it can feel impossible to break through the noise and establish a meaningful dialogue about issues related to the COVID019 pandemic. In this webinar Dr. Adam Brooks from the University of Alabama shares with us the basis for effective communication and how to shift tough topics from a debate to a dialogue.
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify the techniques of effective communication.
- Break down barriers to arrive at shared understanding.
- Determine the difference between dialogue and debate.
- Apply the four steps of active listening.
- Recognize the barriers put up around complex issues like vaccine.
- Develop strategies to structure conversations for better outcomes.
This webinar is co-sponsored by Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance and the Region IV Public Health Training Center.