Announcing for the 2022 Infection Prevention Bootcamp for Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities
We are excited to have received so much interested in the Infection Prevention Boot Camp for Nursing Homes and LTC Facilities. Unfortunately, we have reached capacity for the space and registration and our waitlist are now closed. We are exploring hosting another IP Boot Camp for Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care facilities in 2023, so stay tuned!
The Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance Center is hosting an Infection Prevention Bootcamp for Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities. This is an in-person boot camp that will be held over the course of two days. Open to anyone working in or with infection prevention and control programs in nursing homes or long-term care facilities across the state of Alabama.
Date: October 20 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST) and 21 (8:00 AM – 2:00 PM CST)
Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham Hoover, 2960 John Hawkins Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35244
Course Purpose: To train healthcare professionals working in Nursing Home and other LTC facilities in the fundamental concepts necessary to manage an infection prevention and control program.
- The building blocks and foundation of an Infection Prevention Program in a Long Term Care facility
- A comprehensive overview of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, prevention, isolation/quarantine and treatment
- Review of infection prevention strategies designed to minimize horizontal transmission of SARS-CoV-2
- Discussion and demonstration of infection prevention strategies (e.g., personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, hand hygiene) designed to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and other contagious infectious diseases
- Review of the role the environment plays in infectious disease transmission with a focus on strategies that are impactful and achievable
- Connecting the dots between Antibiotic Stewardship and Diagnostic Stewardship by providing strategies to improve the ‘culture of culturing’ and antibiotic prescribing practices
Instructor: Barb DeBaun, MSN, RN, CIC, with Cynosure Health
Cost: Free, but registration is required by Oct. 6. Snacks and lunch will be provided on both days. Participants will need to pay for lodging (if needed).
Please note that seating is limited. Seats are available on a first come first serve bases. After these slots are full, we will start a waiting list. We will contact those who register in early October to confirm participation.
CEUs: Alabama Nursing CEUs Pending
The Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators has reviewed and approved the seminar entitled “UAB Infection Control Bootcamp” for 10.5 hours of continuing education credit for licensed nursing home administrators in the State of Alabama.
Hotel Reservations: A block of rooms have been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham Hoover (2960 John Hawkins Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35244). You can reserve a room for the discounted rate of $169 by calling their toll-free number 1-800-EMBASSY. In doing so, please request the group rate for INFECTION PREVENTION BOOT CAMP. Please note there is only a limited number of rooms available at this rate.
Sponsors and cosponsors: The bootcamp is being co-sponsored by the Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention Control Training and Technical Assistance Center, the Alabama Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facility Strike Team and the Deep South Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
Questions: Please contact Elena Kidd, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we have reached capacity for the space. Please keep in touch to learn more about future boot camps and trainings by signing up for our newsletter.