Upcoming and recent trainings offered by The Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control (ARC IPC)
If you would like to stay up to date on all upcoming offerings from the ARC IPC please subscribe to our newsletter. Don’t see a training you need or have ideas for future training, please tell us of your organization’s IPC training needs by filling out the Training and Technical Assistance Request Form. You can also view additional training and training resources in our Training Database!
- Candida auris: A multi-drug resistant pathogenCandida auris is an emerging pathogen that results in nosocomial infections and is considered a serious global health problem. It was first observed as a novel Candida species in 2009 and has been isolated in 35 countries. C. auris may cause invasive infections associated with high mortality. It is considered a multi-drug resistant species, having variable resistance patterns to many typical antifungal agents used to treat other Candida infections. The CDC … Continue reading Candida auris: A multi-drug resistant pathogen
- Mpox and the Monkey Pox Virus: Viral Naming and Genetic InfluencesDr. Elliot Lefkowitz joins us for a podcast to talk about Mpox, the Monkey Pox Virus, and how genetic mutations affects not only the effectiveness of viruses but how they are named and how scientists reach these conclusions. This podcast is presented by the Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance. Thank you to our co-sponsor for this podcast, the … Continue reading Mpox and the Monkey Pox Virus: Viral Naming and Genetic Influences
- Candida Auris: What is it? Can we stop it? (March 10, 2023, 12pm CST/ 1PM EST)Rachael Lee, MD, MSPH Associate Professor, Infectious Diseases, UAB The Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance presents Candida auris: What is it? Can we stop it? Candida auris is an emerging, serious, drug-resistant fungal infection that is spreading worldwide. In this webinar, Ms. Mary Duncan (pictured right), Senior Director of Infection Prevention at the University of Alabama-Birmingham Health System, … Continue reading Candida Auris: What is it? Can we stop it? (March 10, 2023, 12pm CST/ 1PM EST)
- The Future of COVID-19 VaccinationsThe FDA’s expert panel on vaccines met last week (Thursday, January 26, 2023) to discuss the future use of the bivalent COVID shot, signaling the start of the FDA’s pivot to a longer-term immunization strategy. This is an important first step in a process that could result in millions of Americans receiving an annual Covid booster, similar to the flu vaccine. Any such changes will … Continue reading The Future of COVID-19 Vaccinations
- The Changing Landscape of Antimicrobial Resistance Following the COVID-19 Pandemic (February 8, 2023, 11am CST)This webinar is presented by the Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance. Antimicrobial resistance is one of the largest health threats to healthcare systems and the COVID-19 pandemic has identified weaknesses that have allowed for transmission within hospitals. In this talk, Dr. Rachael Lee, assistant professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases and healthcare epidemiologist for the UAB Health … Continue reading The Changing Landscape of Antimicrobial Resistance Following the COVID-19 Pandemic (February 8, 2023, 11am CST)