Upcoming and recent trainings offered by The Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control (ARC IPC)
If you would like to stay up to date on all upcoming offerings from the ARC IPC please subscribe to our newsletter. Don’t see a training you need or have ideas for future training, please tell us of your organization’s IPC training needs by filling out the Training and Technical Assistance Request Form. You can also view additional training and training resources in our Training Database!
- Having Conversations around Children and COVID-19 VaccinationThe American Academy of Pediatrics recommends COVID-19 vaccination for most children and adolescents 5 years of age and older. However, as of April 13, 2022 only 28% of children 5-11 years old and 58% of adolescents ages 12-17 have received the 2-dose vaccination series. However, throughout the pandemic, having conversations around COVID-19 and the vaccine has been challenging, especially when it comes to our children. … Continue reading Having Conversations around Children and COVID-19 Vaccination
- Misinformation as a Risk Factor During the COVID-19 Pandemic (April 26, 12pm CST)Misinformation has been a risk factor throughout the pandemic, leading to more disease and death from COVID-19. Dr Katrine Wallace (UIC School of Public Health) is an epidemiologist and social media science communicator who debunks misinformation and false claims about COVID-19 and the vaccines. In this talk she discussed the difference between misinformation vs disinformation, the techniques that people use to mislead, why misinformation goes … Continue reading Misinformation as a Risk Factor During the COVID-19 Pandemic (April 26, 12pm CST)
- Using UV Light and Hand Sanitizer to Safely Distinct Against SARS-CoV-2During the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us have become hyper vigilant when it comes to disinfecting and sanitizing items around our workspace, homes, schools, and within healthcare settings. In this podcast, we welcome back Dr. Ziad Kazzi, Professor of Emergency Medicine and Director of the International Fellowship in Medical Toxicology at Emory University and Associate Medical Director of the Southern Regional Disaster Response System, to … Continue reading Using UV Light and Hand Sanitizer to Safely Distinct Against SARS-CoV-2
- Scientific Reporting During a Pandemic: A Conversation with Katherine Wu (May 11, 12PM CT)During the COVID-19 pandemic, media outlets have been tasked with translating complex and evolving scientific data about the nature and risks of SARS-CoV-2 to the public. Journalists in these roles have had to stay up to date with rapidly evolving information, wade through misinformation, scrutinize data, and amplify voices from underrepresented and marginalized communities at unprecedented speed to keep the public informed. In this webinar, … Continue reading Scientific Reporting During a Pandemic: A Conversation with Katherine Wu (May 11, 12PM CT)
- What Parents Need To Know About The COVID Vaccine For Children Under 5For many months, parents have been told COVID vaccines for their children under 5 were on the way. But shifting timelines, delays and misinformation have left many parents frustrated and confused. In addition, as COVID restrictions are relaxed, many parents of young children are desperate to know when they can expect a vaccine to be authorized for their young children. To bring some clarity to … Continue reading What Parents Need To Know About The COVID Vaccine For Children Under 5