Upcoming and recent trainings offered by The Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control (ARC IPC)
If you would like to stay up to date on all upcoming offerings from the ARC IPC please subscribe to our newsletter. Don’t see a training you need or have ideas for future training, please tell us of your organization’s IPC training needs by filling out the Training and Technical Assistance Request Form. You can also view additional training and training resources in our Training Database!
- Appropriate Use of Disinfectants in Schools and Healthcare SettingsTuesday, January 18, 2022, 12:00PM CST – 1:00PM CST This presentation by Dr. Ziad Kazzi, Emory University, will discuss the potential health hazards from inappropriate use of commonly used disinfectants Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Phenol. This webinar is presented by the Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention and Control Training and Technical Assistance. The Deep South Center for OH&S is an approved provider … Continue reading Appropriate Use of Disinfectants in Schools and Healthcare Settings
- Basics of Sterilization, Disinfection, and Sanitization in Schools and Healthcare SettingsTuesday, November 16, 12:00PM CST – 1:00PM CST This presentation by Dr. Ziad Kazzi, Emory University, will discuss the differences between sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation and their role in preventing the transmission of infectious diseases, like SARS-CoV-2 in school and healthcare settings. By the end of the program uses will be able to describe the safe use of disinfectants and discuss potential health hazards using … Continue reading Basics of Sterilization, Disinfection, and Sanitization in Schools and Healthcare Settings
- COVID-19 and ChildrenDr. David Kimberlin, Professor and Co-Director of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, joins the podcast, Standard Precautions and Beyond, to discuss COVID-19 in pediatric patients, how to keep children safe from the Delta variant and to answer questions about COVID-19 vaccines for children. Thank you to our co-sponsor for this podcast, the Alabama Public Health Training Network … Continue reading COVID-19 and Children
- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies through the COVID-19 Pandemic – A local public health official’s perspectiveWednesday, October 13, 12:00PM CST – 1:00PM CST Jefferson County Health Officer Mark Wilson, MD will review and discuss prevention and mitigation strategies employed (or not employed) from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic until now, and some of the challenges he and the health department faced. To the extent possible, this will be an interactive discussion. The audience will be asked to go back … Continue reading Prevention and Mitigation Strategies through the COVID-19 Pandemic – A local public health official’s perspective
- Understanding Models to Predict Viral Spread and Community ImpactWednesday, September 29, 2021 12:00PM CST – 1:00PM CST Dr. Suzanne Judd will discuss how models predict viral spread including the spread of COVID-19 as well as the impact it has on the community. Dr. Judd will review three modeling strategies used to model viral spread and how assumptions in models impact decisions made from various model outputs. She will also explore how models are … Continue reading Understanding Models to Predict Viral Spread and Community Impact