GWAS Data Management & QC
Department of Biostatistics
Amit has MS degree in Genetic Epidemiology from Washington University in St. Louis. He worked on HERITAGE Family Study project for 2 years, as a Research Assistant, at Washington University School of Medicine. His Masters research project was on ‘Bivariate Linkage Analysis’. Amit also has MS degree in Statistics from University of New Orleans, LA.
Amit has been working as a statistician in Department of Biostatistics since 2004. His responsibilities within department include assisting with, and often leading, a number of our data analysis and software development efforts using range of statistical languages and data analysis software packages, including SAS, R, PLINK . He is currently working on GWAS, Whole Genome Association, and Methylation projects.
- NIGMS – online video portal & resources
- NHGRI – lecture series resources
- Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology
UAB Internal Funding:
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Dean for Research, School of Medicine
- Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health
- Heflin Center for Genomic Science
- Office of the Provost
- Nutrition Obesity Research Center
- School of Medicine
- Vice President for Reseach and Economic Development