We are seeking passionate research scientists at all levels. If you are interested in joining us as a postdoctoral fellow or research assistant, please send an email along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postdoc candidates should have Ph.D., M.D., or an equivalent degree. Previous research experience in vascular diseases/physiology, or biochemistry/molecular/cell biology, or bioinformatics, or related areas is preferred.
A bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or related field is required. Previous lab experience is preferred. The research assistant will assist in maintaining experimental animal models and conducting various lab experiments. The successful candidate will receive full training on multiple experimental skills.
What we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment in a young, enthusiastic, motivated international team with English as main language.
- You will be offered excellent training, leaning state-of-the-art technologies in biomedical research.
- The UAB has multiple core facilities managed by a team of experts, all the members in PI’s lab have the access to core facilities.
- Training in project management (e.g. supervision of master students, writing of manuscripts and funding proposal, budget management) which will give you the opportunity to develop your career path, your competences and your skills.
- The unique opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary international team and to contribute to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic targets.
- Starting as soon as possible.
- The development and training of new investigators are central to the UAB’s mission
- UAB was ranked as Forbes’ Best Large Employer in the US for 2021
- Forbes lists UAB #4 Best Employer for Diversity
- Heersink SOM ranks #2 nationally in NIH research funding and in the top 8 for all public institutions
- Three departments within the Heersink SOM are ranked in the top 10 for NIHfunding in 2021
Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture with a small-town feel and a close-knit community that will let you feel at home as soon as you arrive. The city and surrounding region have something for everyone, with various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike.
- US News ranks Birmingham as a Best Place to Live in the nation.
- Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 26% lower than the national average.
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for various outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city.
- Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and other large metropolitan areas such as Atlanta and Nashville, as well as many Birmingham amenities—including an international airport, live entertainment, arts offerings, and professional sporting events.