PUBLIC HEALTH INFLUENCER: SUMMER INSTITUTEJUNE 10-14, 2024
The Public Health Influencer Summer Institute is a free summer enrichment program open to high school students who are interested in public health, environmental health, chronic and infectious disease prevention, epidemiology, or social/environmental justice.
- Accepting rising 10, 11, and 12th graders.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, a permanent resident to attend
Valuable Hands-on Experience
Students will learn about public health and its impact on communities. Students will participate in hands-on experiences and learn from health, healthcare, and environmental health experts.
Explore Public Health in Alabama
Students will participate in immersive field experiences with multiple site visits throughout central Alabama including Birmingham and Montgomery. Travel to sites provided through the institute.
The program is free for interested students and will feature a variety of speakers, presenters, and activities. Up to 25 students will be accepted into the program, so please apply early! A $250 stipend will be awarded to participating students. The program will run from 9am until 5pm each day, so students will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the UAB School of Public Health. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided each day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Other Information for Students Confirmed attend PSH
What is the Dress Code: Casual Attire
- You may wear blue jeans, modest-length shorts, sleeveless tops, dresses, skirts, jackets, and sweaters.
- You may not wear mid-drift tops, muscle shirts with gaping armholes, super-short shorts, or garments with offensive images or words, neither hats nor sunglasses may be worn indoors.
Should I bring a laptop?
- No, we will provide you with the needed materials and electronics.
How will I receive my stipend?
- Stipends are distributed via mail. We will provide you with paperwork to complete prior to starting the summer program. Once this information is processed, you will receive a payment 3-5 following the conclusion of program.