General Surgery Resident

Biography

My name is Wende Oslock (she/her/hers), and I am very excited to be joining Dr. Chu’s lab for two years! I was born in Memphis, TN, and grew up in West Virginia before going to college at Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL). At WUSTL I majored in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, minored in biology, and was actively involved in environmental sustainability projects on campus. Before beginning medical school at The Ohio State University, my spouse and I lived in India for 6 months and had our first child. I then completed my MD/MBA and was fortunate enough to match into General Surgery at UAB. I have completed two years of clinical training and am excited to dive into dedicated research time with Dr. Chu and his team. Through the VA Quality Scholars Program, my research will focus on reducing the environmental impact of operating rooms and studying the impact of pollution exposure on surgical outcomes. I am passionate about environmental sustainability, surgical education, and loving on my family.