Zechen Chong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, started March 2017 Postdoc with Dr. Ken Chen, MD Anderson Ph.D. with Dr. Chung-I Wu, BIG, China BE, Harbin Institue of Technology, China
Maggi (Yu) Chen
Maggi is a current UAB graduate student in Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics theme. She graduated from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) at the School of the Gifted Young with a Bachelor's degree. During 2016, she was a visiting scholar at University of Wisconsin at Madison. She is currently developing algorithms for detecting structural variants from third-generation sequencing data.
Fengyuan is a current graduate student in Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics theme. After graduating from Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine with a Master's Degree in Basic Science, she worked as a research scholar in Nutrition Science Department at UAB. She is interested in cancer genomics and bioinformatics.
Kaili Hu, M.D.
Kaili is a current UAB graduate student in Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology theme. She graduated from Ningbo University, School of Medicine, and completed her residency at Ningbo University Affiliated Hospital. To pursue more knowledge in the research field, she came to the US and obtained her MPH in Epidemiology at University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is working on long-read sequencing data analysis.
Yuwei is a current UAB graduate student in Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics theme. She graduated from the University of Manitoba with a master’s Degree in Science. During 2019-2021, she worked as a research scholar at Department of Dermatology at UAB. She is currently working on transcriptome data analysis using the Third Generation Sequencing data.
Zhengzhi is a master student of Computer Science towards a data science degree from UAB. He is working on long-read sequencing data analysis. He is applying for a machine learning-related bioinformatic Ph.D. degree.
Meghan is working on third-generation sequencing data analysis and software development.
Jenna Ziad Taer
Jenna is an undergraduate student working towards a Bioinformatics degree from UAB. She is currently interested in developing/improving bioinformatics tools. She is also pursuing a master's degree in cybersecurity.
- Ethan Vallely, undergraduate intern, 2020.09-2022.08
- Shamza Manzoor, MSMBS intern student, 2022.01-2022.08
- Debbie X. Fu, undergraduate intern, 2022.01-2022.05
- Guy Twa, GGB rotation student, 2021.10-2021.12
- Stephanie Cook, undergraduate intern, 2020.12-2021.08
- Yiqing Wang, Ph.D. student, 2020.01-2021.05, switched to the Department of Computer Science
- Shaurita Hutchins, GGB rotation student, 2021.01-2021.03
- Santhosh Kumar Karthikeyan, GBS rotation student, 2021.01-2021.03
- Katrina Whitten, undergraduate intern, 2020.09-2020.12
- Colton Miller, Master Intern Student, 2020. 02-2020.07
- Peng Xu, Postdoc fellow, 2017.09-2019.09
- Ari Ginsparg, GGB rotation student, 2019.10-2019.12
- Yixin Zhang, undergraduate intern, CS of UAB, 2019.02-2019.05
- Mary Bunton, GGB rotation student, 2018.10-2018.12
- Ming Ye, Associate professor, Southwest University, China, Visiting Scientist, 2017.10-2018.10