My name is Jeremie, and I am from southern California. I have been in Birmingham three excellent years now and am well into my thesis project. I am happy to say things have worked out very well and that I am pleased with how my education has gone. The program has outstanding administration, and I have made a nice home for myself with lots of involvement inside and outside of medical training.

I earned my undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from the University of California Santa Barbara. I study inflammation mediated by tissue-resident and infiltrative macrophages in the kidney after acute kidney injury.

My father and grandfather are physicians and my mother is a medical social worker; I know what it’s like having a family full of healthcare professionals. I am very close with my three siblings who also all work in healthcare in some way or another.

I enjoy all sports, but I love basketball, skiing, and running. I also enjoy backpacking and outdoor activities. I am lucky to have traveled many places, my favorite of which is Israel. In my free time I enjoy reading fiction, following current events, and playing with my pets: Kobe, Marcus (dogs), Athena, and Zeus (cats).