2023 UAB Global Health Symposium
|Group||Fees in US $||Registration/Discount Codes|
|Virtual Student*||No Fee||GHS23-V1|
|Virtual Non-Student (HIC)||No Fee||GHS23-V2H|
|Virtual Non-Student (LMIC)||No Fee||GHS23-V2LM|
*Student identification is required. Please upload a picture of your valid student ID when registering.
Rates for low- and middle-income countries apply to delegates and students currently residing in these countries. If you are temporarily based in the US, these fees do not apply. You must enter your permanent LMIC mailing address.
For more information, please visit:
Cancellations: Registration fees are non-refundable.
Payment of Registration Fees: Registration fees can be paid by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, and American Express only)
Note: Individuals attending the 2023 UAB Symposium may be audiotaped, videotaped, or photographed during the course of the event, and by attending, grant permission for their likenesses and the content of their comments, if any, to be broadcast, webcast, published, or otherwise reported or recorded. By registering for the conference, individuals also opt-in to receive updates and information about the event and other UAB global health activities.
Destiny ONE™ Software
Destiny One™ is software used by UAB for the management of online course registration. The UAB Global Health Symposium Planning Committee is using this platform for symposium registration. “MED100-Global Health Symposium Registration” is the identifier for the two-day global health symposium.
The symposium will show a “Contract fee non-credit” course fee of $300 US. At the step where payment information is entered, you will enter a registration code that will reduce the rate to the respective fee, as shown in the table, based on your student and country status.
- Take note of the alpha-numeric discount code that applies to your country of residence and student status. Then from the Destiny One™ “MED100 – Global Health Symposium Registration” page, click the button
Click Here to Continue
- In the pop-up message indicating that the course was added to your cart, click Checkout
- You will be directed to a new page (below); select “Apply a discount” and enter the Registration Fee code based on your student and country status (codes are found on previous page as noted in Step 1)
- Click Checkout to continue
- Log In or Create an Account page
- Click Continue for I have a Blazer ID only if you have a UAB BlazerID AND have logged into your account within the last year.
- Click Create Account or I am new to UAB if you do not have a BlazerID. Do NOT enter any UAB email address. If you have an affiliation with UAB but have not had email activity in the last year, use a different email address.
- My Profile page
- Complete the My Profile page and click Continue Checkout
- You will be directed to the Payment page.
- Payment page
- Note that the cart total now reflects the registration fee associated with your country of residence and student status in the example above
- Questionnaire: answer all of the questions
- Policy Confirmation: click the box to affirm having read the policy
- After completing the ‘Payment’ page, click Continue Checkout
- Payment Information – complete the page and Continue
- Registration Confirmation – When you complete the registration process, you will receive the following notifications:
- “Submission Complete” (pop-up message)
- 2 email notifications from UAB Professional Studies:
1) Registration Receipt (with PDF attachment of receipt) and
2) Registration Notification.
- Upon receipt of the email confirmations, you have now officially registered for the UAB Global Health Symposium. We look forward to seeing you online
or in person. Please proceed to the Travel page and make necessary travel arrangements if you plan to join us in person.