YOUR VISION IS OUR MISSION
At UAB Eye Care, we provide comprehensive eye care services to the community as well as provide training and education for optometry students and resident optometrists. Our state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary clinic is outfitted with the latest optometric equipment necessary for the accurate diagnosis and treatment of most eye problems. UAB Eye Care clinicians provide comprehensive services for both pediatric and adult patients in a number of optometric subspecialties.
Currently only Annual Eye Exam and Contact Lens Exam appointments for patients 17 and older can be made online at UAB Eye Care. If you are a patient under 17, wear medical contact lenses, or need to book an appointment in one of our specialty clinics, please give us a call at (205) 975-2020.
Eye and Vision Exams
Primary Eye Care Services
Pediatric Optometry Service
UAB Eye Care provides exclusive discounts for UAB undergraduate and graduate students. Schedule your visit with us and receive:
- Waived out-of-pocket expenses up to a total of $30 for an annual comprehensive eye exam
- Waived contact lens evaluation fee ($40) for patients currently wearing lenses and doing well
- A 25 percent discount on frames and lenses of eyeglasses and sunglasses (some restrictions apply)
- A 50 percent discount on all contact lens fitting fees
- Employees covered by Viva Health or VSP insurance are eligible to receive an eye exam with copay. We also accept most other insurances. Call for details.
- Services received at UAB Eye Care are eligible for payroll deduction (excludes UAB Health Services Foundation).
- Call (205) 934-5668 to receive express appointment services.
Note: UAB Student and UAB Employee discounts cannot be combined.