We are currently accepting applications for the MCDC 2022-2023 program year. Upon completion of the program, Magic City Data Fellows will:
- Expand their understanding of data analytics and how it can be applied in the workplace
- Build their professional experience and expand their professional network
- Be eligible for a summer internship with participating employers.
- Data Fellows will complete a course that focuses on data analytics/data science at a 2- or 4-year college or university.
- Data Fellows will complete weekly professional development coaching and mentorship. This will be a mixture of independent learning and live instruction and requires about 2 hours per week.
- Data Fellows, in groups of 5-6, will be matched with an area employer to complete a data analysis project.
- Data Fellows will be supported by a Data Guide and their employer partner to help manage and complete their projects.
- All data projects will be presented at a Demo Day community event in Spring 2023.
Note: Data Fellows will be paid $15/hour during this semester and work ~15 hours per week.