Application for Summer 2024 will be available December 1, 2023
2024 Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates
Tentatively May 19, 2024 – July 26, 2024
- NOTE: In all fairness to the program staff and other applicants, we ask that you not accept our offer if you are waiting to hear back from another program.
- Complete & submit an application. Application will be available December 1, 2023 – April 1, 2024.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis (meaning they will be reviewed upon receipt and some offers may be made before the April 1, 2024 application deadline. That being said, applicants are encouraged to apply early. Final decisions will be made no later than April 15, 2024.
- An “unofficial” transcript must be uploaded during the application process. We advise that you DO NOT spend money on an official transcript since you will only need one IF we extend an offer to you.
- Faculty submitting your recommendations should visit this site to submit a recommendation. Faculty can upload a letter of recommendation via the recommendation form.
- Review process will begin once the application, transcript & recommendation have been received.
- Selections will be made no later than April 15, 2024 and letters of offer will be sent to accepted applicants via email.
- You may print and sign the emailed letter and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 205-975-8009.
- After all letters of offer have been signed and returned, Program Coordinator, Charita H. Cadenhead will notify participants of what to expect next.
TRANSCRIPTS: If we make you and offer and you accept, your school’s Registrar’s Office can mail your official transcript to the mailing address below or they can submit an electronic official transcript to me at email@example.com
Charita H. Cadenhead
Program Coordinator II
Center for Nanoscale Materials & Biointegration
The University Of Alabama at Birmingham
College of Arts and Sciences
1720 2nd Avenue S, ESH 4100
Birmingham, AL 35294
Phone: (205) 975-8076
Fax: (205) 975-8009