Three Steps to Submit Your Advertising Reservation
Complete the Blazer Express advertising request form to reserve space and desired advertising period.
- Once your advertising reservation has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email within 2 business days to confirm the status of your order.
- All advertising reservations must be received and approved by the 10th of the month prior to when your advertisement is scheduled to begin. Orders that do not meet this timeline are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a $50 rush fee.
Attach artwork at the end of the online form.
- All ads must adhere to the advertising guidelines and policies and are subject to approval.
- Advertisements related to student programs and events must submit appropriate approval with official UAB documentation from Student Affairs.
- All student program and event advertisements must include the following statement: “This advertisement is not endorsed by UAB, but is hosted by the [STUDENT ORG NAME].”
Submit payment via internal account transfer.
- Please provide the full GL account string that will be used for billing.
- The GL account will be charged once your ads are approved and your order moves to production.
- Advertisement cards and posters will be posted between the 1st and the 3rd day of the month of your requested timeframe.
All art files should be sized to the specifications below and formatted as a print ready pdf.
For art and format questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
32in Wide x 11.125in High
Bus Shelter Back Panel Poster
31in Wide x 38in High
Bus Shelter Side Panel Poster
46in Wide x 66.5in High
Terms & Conditions
- Advertising space will be reserved on a first‐come, first‐served basis. Only one reservation may be made per form submission.
- Multiple reservations require a new order submission for each reservation request.
- Due to bus rotation on routes, Transportation is unable to accept requests to advertise on certain routes only.
- Transportation will not be responsible for any damaged or missing ads during the posted period.
- Transportation will not be able to accommodate specific interior placement requests, but will make every effort to distribute them equally throughout the buses.
- Advertising space is available for reservation up to 12 months. At the end of 12 months advertising must be resubmitted for approval.
Advertising Guidelines & Policies
- Advertising promoting UAB schools, departments, programs and organizations.
- Commercial advertising that promotes the sale of products/services for profit.
- Approved program, service and event advertisements that encourage readers to participate in a program, service or event hosted by a campus department/organization or by an external organization that takes place on campus.
- University community health initiatives that promote safety, health or personal well-being. Advertising for health promotion initiatives is allowed.
- Institutional messaging from senior leadership for the well-being of the University.
- Advertising is not accepted from organizations, companies, or entities outside UAB.
- Advertising sexually explicit material.
- Advertising that incorporates profane or disparaging verbiage.
- Advertisements for the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products.
- Advertisements for the sale or usage of firearms or weapons.
- Advertisements that discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, faith, gender, gender identity, and expression as well as sexual orientation.
- Advertisements that disparage the reputation, mission or core values of the University of Alabama at Birmingham as an entity or any of its students, employees, departments, visitors, or financial or in-kind partners.
- Advertisements that promote behaviors that conflict with the employee and student conduct codes.
- Advertisements that may interfere with the Transportation department’s operations or mission to provide safe and reliable transportation.
- Advertisements that promote research studies or clinical trials that are not approved by the UAB Institutional Review Board (IRB). Note, IRB approval documentation will be required at the time of advertisement submission.
- Advertisements that make false claims about their partnership with the university that can be perceived as an endorsement such as “official partner” or “unofficial partner.”
No political advertisements for national, state, or local elections are permitted on the Blazer Express Advertising Program. Advertisements promoting candidates for campus elections are prohibited. Announcements encouraging voting in any type of elections but do not advocate for specific candidates in said election are permitted.
Institutional Brand Statement
Use of the UAB logo in conjunction with the logos or marks of other organizations (including corporate sponsors and government entities) in any publication, advertisement, or other external communication must be reviewed by University Relations. UAB’s trademarks are protected by federal law; therefore, the university is responsible for ensuring that only authorized individuals and entities use UAB logos. To see the proper use of the University’s logos or trademarks please visit the UAB Brand Toolkit or contact UAB’s Brand Manager, Barbara Perry, at email@example.com or 205-934-7231.
NOTE – Blazer Express advertising is only available to UAB entities. External organizations interested in future Blazer Express advertising opportunities should email firstname.lastname@example.org.